Design master. Magnificent mediator. Highly skilled multitasker. We’re looking for a great Creative Director that brings it all to the party.
Our Elkins-based agency is in search of a full-time, West Virginia-based Creative Director. In addition, the right candidate will be comfortable traveling as needed to Elkins or for client or internal purposes.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Creative Director who will be a great leader with the ability to maximize the talents of our teams. Doing so means you’ll not only be a creative innovator for our team, but also a coach, a teacher, an instructor, and a critic.
Day to day you will use your expertise and guidance to make sure the LMC creative partner network works together like a well-oiled machine, consistently cranking out creative genius deliverables, meeting deadlines, and landing work from desirable clients.
Our creative partner network is comprised of copywriters, graphic designers, web designers, account managers, brand managers, photographers, videographers, and researchers.
A Closer Look At The Job
As Creative Director, you’ll guide all creative projects and be responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the LMC creative partner network. In addition to taking on a managerial role, you’ll also be hands-on, helping to fulfill graphic design needs for the agency.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Lead and direct the LMC creative partner network in the production of all creative projects
- Assist the executive team in steering the agency to meet its short and long-term goals
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Oversee client pitches and proposals
- Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines, and budgets
- Meet with clients or upper management to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide feedback to LMC creative partner network
- Remain actively involved in hiring creative staff and contractors including graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, videographers, and web developers
- Help to maintain an “Always Be Learning” attitude in the agency
- 4-6+ years of creative project management
- 5-8+ years of experience as a graphic designer
- Ability to travel to the office, client events, and/or new business pitches as needed
- High-level project management skills
- Excellent communication skills with internal departments, leadership, clients, and contractors
- An intimate understanding of design, copywriting and web development best practices/guidelines
- Experience with a variety of software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Excellent leadership skills
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Plan and oversee the development of company advertisements
- Lead brand campaigns, including submitting ideas for projects and overseeing the development of all creative content
- Supervise all work completed by the LMC creative partner network
- Work with executives and other creative leaders to set project deadlines and content goals
- Present project information, including deadlines and budgets, to executives and clients
- Time-track and maximize billable time for clients
- Develop and enhance agency processes where creative workflows are concerned